Test Page

Tuesday 17 January 2012

Where's Waldo?

Adrienne typically puts up very little fuss over naptime. I believe she enjoys indulging in her beauty rest, much like her mommy used to prior to having children. So on a typical day, Adrienne will go down for nap with a few obligatory protests that her heart really isn't into and she'll fall silent within a few minutes. However, the other day we put her down for a nap and she didn't fall asleep within a few minutes. We know this because we could hear her muffled talking and exclamations from outside her door. This went on for quite awhile--over an hour, at least. Regis started asking me if we should go in and get her out since she obviously wasn't napping. I rejected this idea, seeing as she was neither crying nor calling out for us. I figured she was enjoying a little "Adrienne time" and everybody needs a bit of privacy. At least that is what I told Regis. Inside, I was dying to know what she was doing in there. Sometimes I wish I had a hidden camera in there so I could watch her playing without her knowing. What goes on in that little mind of hers? Alas, that was not to be and we were forced to respect her privacy. Eventually she did fall asleep. Late in the afternoon, I decided I better wake her if we wanted her to sleep that night. It was then that we were given some clues as to what went on, since here was the aftermath of her playtime. It's 'Where's Waldo' style looking for my daughter in the picture. (Hint: She is dressed in pink!) These pictures remind me of scenes from Toy Story and my first thought was (ta da!) I have to get a picture of this. Now upon further reflection, I have to wonder how she got all of these toys into her crib? Either they do in fact come alive like toys in the Toy Story and they crawled into her crib or (gulp) she can climb out of (and apparently back into) her crib. I'm about 80% sure it's the latter. It looks like we ought to be prepping for a big girl bed, folks. 


3 comments:

  1. This is hilarious, Tracey! Holy cow, she is cracking me up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest picture I have seen---brings a big smile to my face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those photos are super cute. I can totally imagine her running back and forth with armfuls of animals. Just be lucky she lasted this long in a crib!

    ReplyDelete