Test Page

Tuesday 5 July 2011

Happy Birthday, Regis!

Dear Friends and Family,

I am attempting to make Regis a personalized card for his birthday tomorrow (July 6th).  I know he will appreciate it and also Hallmark cards cost $15 here.  If you read my previous post, you will know that I am willing to spend $11 on a box of cereal, but we seriously need to draw the line somewhere.  So, if you can help me finish this sentence "Happy Birthday to the guy that....", I will definitely give you credit for your contribution.  Unless its hilarious, then I might steal it. Opps, sorry, ignore that last part, I was just kidding anyway. Below are some examples of things I'm thinking about using.  Just a line or two from you would be great.  I'm planning on giving it to him tomorrow night, so I apologize for the short notice.  If you don't want to participate, feel free to send him an email instead (regispcovey@yahoo.com).  He won't respond to it (didn't you read my first post??) but I promise he will love it.

Thanks again!
Tracy


Happy Birthday to the guy that:
--was told from an early age by his parents that the 4th of July fireworks were in honor of his birthday and who may subconsciously still believe this. 
--is still, at this age, excited by his birthday and makes a list of things he wants as a birthday present.
--finishes a half marathon and crosses the finish line exclaiming: "That SUCKED!!" real loud.
--used to think that the most expensive item meant the best item.
--is now a self-proscribed cheapo.
--may have a paranoia problem.
--has an espresso problem.
--definitely has a wine-chugging problem.
--sometimes wakes me up in the middle of the night to see if I'm breathing.
--told me this morning that I look beautiful when I am sleeping.
--makes sure he tells me and Adrienne that he loves us every day.
--tears up when he looks at pictures of his daughter.

12 comments:

  1. -picked me up in the Malibu on his 16th Birthday to go run errands
    -Sweats while eating Jolly Ranchers
    -Appreciates all the world (& Sox Park) has to offer in the form of Sausages
    -is a dear friend and we are all, somehow, better off for knowing him
    -Happy Birthday, Regis
    _PS (Double vote for the Paranoia and Wine comments)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the wakes u up at night checking for breathing! LOL
    That sucked is funny too. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I will forever hear in my head when i think "AWESOME!. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the comments everyone! Keep them coming, they are very funny and Regis will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. -that has a peculiar interest in dolphin jewelry, and is always willing to taste house whiskey (albeit inadvertently).

    ReplyDelete
  6. testing, testing 1, 2, 3. Damn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to a man who loves to cook, LOOOOOOVES practical jokes, who is a great skier, who isn't the least bit shy at wearing shoes that look like he might have accepted them from a pimp who owed him attorney fees, who is extremely adept and sneaky at picking up the bill for dinner and most of all, who married my daughter.
    Have a Happy Birthday,
    Love, Tom

    ReplyDelete
  8. - declared us bad friends compared to Sconz and Magoo.
    - ruined Mike's Trans Am ... COVS 86 forever!
    - yelled at me for breaking his Lego pirate ship at age 17.
    - failed to talk me out of going to law school.
    - showed me that you can actually drink your way out of Chicago.
    - signed his name to his father's credit card more times that I can count and tried to make everyone else feel guilty about it.
    - is usually referred to as "Ma'am" by telemarketers.
    - I haven't seen in far too long, hope to see you all back in the States soon. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to a man that really knows how to hunt for Gold in those streams in Alaska! And knows how to pull in a great bass - or what ever it was - down in Lake Powell! And who REALLY appreaciates a great road bike so much that he had to buy his own for Singapore - one for each country!

    Have a great one! Dar

    ReplyDelete
  10. ... one more, sorry but this is too easy.

    - has abused his privileges for the last time (again)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. - would rather kick in his front door than call a lock smith
    - actually took the time to turn his malibu onto a racing car with duct tape
    - once chased his brother with a crossbow
    - always got out of his run-INS with the MPPD
    - loves the finer things in life as long as the name on the credit card starts with Frank - comes into town once year a commandeers your house, car and wine cellar & makes you want him to stay anyway
    - has as big of a heart as anyone I know, married a great girl and started a fantastic family
    happpy bday Reg!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Everyone, for all your great comments! Regis loved the card and hearing from you all. The whole time he was reading it, he was saying things like, 'well, he shouldn't have broken my pirate ship' and 'Ugh, I can still taste that house whiskey, yuck'.

    ReplyDelete