Test Page

Tuesday 12 July 2011

Budding artist at work




As part of my organization efforts, I decided that I needed to tackle Adrienne's pile of 'toys' in the living room; I use the word toys lightly because as I was looking at it I could see one of my shoes and a used snack container in the pile.  Also, the pile was sort of on and around Adrienne's baby play mat.  Which she stopped using when she started crawling at 9 months. As I began sorting the toys, I noticed that they were falling into 3 categories: age inappropriate; age appropriate but borrowed from a friend; and trash. So the age inappropriate toys got boxed up, along with the baby play mat, and are waiting for baby boy's arrival. The age appropriate but borrowed from a friend are cleaned and in fresh tupperware, to be used until the last second that they must be returned. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what happened to the last category. Man that felt good!

By now Adrienne's toys were looking pathetically thin. Also, I did this sneakily over her naptime. So when she got up and saw that her comforting pile of junk was now contained in two large tupperwares on the side of our livingroom, she looked so sad that I almost went back to the trash to start rescuing things. However, I managed to keep my wits about me and instead did what any good mother would have done 6 months ago. I got on ebay Singapore and bought a child's desk, a couple of cute little chairs, and some art supplies (a.k.a. crayons and coloring books) for my budding little artist. Now she has a real work space, just for her and her assistant Bear-Bear.  Despite making it clear that she did not like me bothering her during her creativity, I managed to take a few good pictures of her working. I also learned how much little people like little people furniture, which is a whole lot.     

2 comments: