Test Page

Friday 4 November 2011

I smell like vomit and have had 3 hours of sleep

In the past 24 hours, I have been spit up on countless times by Nate, who manages to spit up at regular intervals during the day and all through the night. The second I change his clothes, he spits up again. We are trying to have burp cloths every where, but he seems to manage to turn his head from the burp cloth at the very last second. I get tired of changing my shirt more than 3 times a day, and as such am smelling a bit like sour milk by the end of the day. Which was enhanced yesterday by my daughter, who projectile vomited her lunch onto my shorts. She has never once vomited in the 23 months since she was born. Nor has she ever presented with rashes (which thankfully were not chicken pox but more likely some sort of hives). We think these might be an alergic reaction to her new brother? And, in what I can assume was an effort of both of them to get attention, Nate was awake from 2-5 am last night and the second that I got him asleep, Adrienne woke up for some pre-dawn 1-on-1 time with mommy. So needless to say, I was feeling a little cranky. But then I came into this scene: really, smelling like vomit and having only 3 hours of sleep is such a small price to pay to have these 3 adorable faces to wake up with. Besides, nothing that a shower and some strong coffee can't fix, right?!   




5 comments:

  1. Oh man. That little Nate really is such a charmer isn't he? Hang in there Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy!! Oh my goodness, hopefully the sickness doesn't last long! Little Nate is adorable!
    ps.I always daydream about tomorrow morning's coffee;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaahhh, so cute- looks like Nate is trying to take a big bite out of his sister, that's how much he loves her, and Adrienne thinks it's hilarious!

    I'm totally feeling your pain Tracy, working the nightshift for the next two weeks I got home at 10.30AM today, got 4h of sleep and will head back into work in an hour- tell theses babies and bosses that we need our beauty sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute. We love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete