Test Page

Monday 7 November 2011

Adrienne's New Do

Lets just say Adrienne has always been a 'minimalist' when it comes to hair styles. This is likely due to some genetic trait that she got from her mother, who pulls her own hair back into some lazy version of a pony tail 98% of the time and who considers 'styling' her hair to consist of blowing drying it completely. I have these illusions of being a mother who would put cute braids and ponytails and accessories into my daughter's hair if she would allow it, although its probably best for both of us that she doesn't tolerate these things anyway. Truthfully, we are just lucky if we can get a brush through her hair once in awhile. As such her hair is usually some wiley version of scattered curls (not unlike the following photo). 


Being that is it hot in this country 365 days a year, I don't know how Adrienne can stand all that sweaty hair sticking to her neck. In my opinion, there are only 2 hair-styles that work here: Short or Ponytail Length. Since I am her mother and she lacks the autonomy to veto this decision (or rather, she didn't really know what we were doing and was promised candy along the way), I opted to take Adrienne for a haircut. We used the salon in our building. The suckers have a $10 haircut for children. I'm pretty sure they didn't mean 2-yr olds when they advertised this because this has to be far more work than an adult haircut. This poor guy got a 45 minute aerobic workout cutting Adrienne's hair--and all the while with a smile. We made sure to give him a good tip so he doesn't hide the next time we come strolling into the salon. 



Adrienne did pretty good during the whole haircutting process. I was a little sad to see some of the curls go--I'm not sure where she got them from nor how long they will last...But check out the final product. Super cute, right?!  OK, and that outfit was completely the little fashionist's choice. Stars for the dress, Peppa Pig wellies, and her purse. Seriously, when did she get so big, I ask you?! 


4 comments:

  1. she is ready for a 60s party - absolutely adorable, Tracy - the haircut AND the outfit! -Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super adorable haircut and perfect matching outfit! I'd say this is the moment worth a little bit profesional spirit on photograph though:)
    Min

    ReplyDelete
  3. My gosh! When did she get so big???? Her haircut makes her look much older! And I love the outfit!

    ReplyDelete