Test Page

Thursday 17 November 2011

Cheeky

Adrienne is quite the cheeky one. We sort of knew she was going to be spirited all along, but it's really coming out now that she is more-fully developing her language. And, boy, does she love using certain words. Like 'NO!' for instance. She probably got this from her father, but she basically says 'NO!' to anything you think she should be doing. For example, the other day I was giving her a bath and saying,
Adrienne, can I soap your hair?  'NO!' Your arms? 'NO!' Your back? 'NO!' Your feet? 'NO!'
Seeing as this conversation was going nowhere quickly, I decided to change it up a little.
Adrienne, what's your favorite word? (thinking it would be 'NO!') And without missing a beat, she yells, 'ICE CREAM!'  Well, at least she is still actually listening at this point and she definitely gets that sentiment from her mother!

If 'Ice cream' is her favorite word, her second favorite word is something along the lines of 'Bubba'. We in the Covey household know that she means 'Peppa' (as in Peppa Pig). She wakes up asking for Peppa and proceeds to ask for her continuously at regular intervals throughout the day. No matter what you are doing, she has 'Bubba' in the back of her mind. Like we might take her swimming, and in the middle of splashing and frolicking in the water, it's 'Bubba? Bubba?'. I wonder if this is a question like, 'Remember that episode that Peppa went swimming?' (Of course I remember, I've seen it like 500 times!) or a question like 'Can we please leave the swimming pool immediately even though I am having a great time so I can watch an episode of Peppa?'. Anyway, when we watch Peppa Pig, I always warn Adrienne when it's the last episode in a weak attempt to avoid the inevitable meltdown that will follow. So I tell Adrienne, 'Ok, this is the LAST one. Only ONE more. (Holding up my finger here to demonstrate a ONE). ONE more.... Adrienne, how many more are we going to watch?' Then she'll look up at me with her big blue eyes and reply cheekily, 'TWO!!'. 

Speaking of two, Adrienne's second birthday is next week. Thanksgiving day, to be exact. I've been trying to teach her how to hold up 2 fingers for her second birthday. She can do this with help, but if you ask her unassisted, she will always hold up 3 fingers. And not the first 3 fingers but the A-OK hand symbol (you know, pinkie, ring, middle fingers up, pointer and thumb in O shape). So, our little cheeky monkey, I guess you'll just have to verbalize the "TWO!" and that will have to be A-OK for us.






No comments:

Post a Comment