Test Page

Wednesday 2 November 2011

Heartfelt Thank-you

I just wanted to write this post as a heartfelt 'Thank-you' to all of you who have been thinking of and praying for us and baby Nate during the time he was in the NICU. It was an extremely long, stressful, and scary 11 days for us, especially at the beginning of it as things were progressively getting worse. On top of that, trying to keep your mind in a good place through the post-partum hormone drop is a challenge in and of itself. However, I truly believe that it was through a series of small miracles that resulted in getting Nate to the right care at the right time. No doubt thanks to all of you and your prayers. We also got so many messages and emails of support. I am sure I will be unable to find the words to tell you what that meant to us to know that so many people were thinking of us and praying for us. I did not have a chance to answer every message, but please know that I did read and greatly appreciate every one of them. The distance between Singapore and our families in the USA has always been hard.  I know it was particularly hard for our families being so far away and feeling like they couldn't help during this time. But rest assured that just knowing you were there for us was in fact a huge help for us. I also want to say a very special thank-you to our Singapore friends, who checked in with calls and messages, took us to lunch, entertained our daughter, lent a listening ear, brought us treats, and gave us advice. I feel both humbled and extremely blessed to have found such amazing friends in a world so far away from home. Additionally, I know a lot of you mom's went through similar things with your babies and some of you even had longer and scarier times away from your babies. My heart goes out to anyone who went or will have to go through these things. I did take comfort knowing that this too will pass and, like you all have done, we will be stronger for it. Finally, a big thank-you to my wonderful husband. It is easy to get along during the good times, but there is no one I would rather have by my side during the hard times.

Sleepy cuddle bug! Don't believe the nurses, he is a  very quiet and sweet guy.

3 comments:

  1. He's perfect. One days our kids will be friends. Love, Delicino family

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear! His hair is turning curly and blond just like his big sis already!! What a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable is he! I'm so happy that everyone is healthy and at home. Congratulations again! Many hugs to you all! :)

    ReplyDelete