Test Page

Wednesday 5 October 2011

A Penny for your Thoughts

Adrienne has a new take on the phrase 'A Penny for Your Thoughts'. It's more like 'A Coin for your Sanity'. We have a ritual where Adrienne walks us out to our respective transports in the morning. First we drop daddy off at the taxi stand (Daddy Car), then mommy goes to the train (Mommy ChooChoo), and then Adrienne's nanny drops her off at school (Adri Skoo). I like this morning ritual because I get to see Adrienne up until the very last second that I have to leave. Somewhere along the way, Adrienne got it in her mind that before I am allowed to get on the train, she needs to be paid. A very clever girl, right?. "Coin?" She asks, before I can head off through the train gates. So I open my wallet and let her pick out a coin. Not only is she clever, she is savvy too, always going for the dollar coin over the others. 'Good choice, Adrienne!' I tell her, because I also love the dollar coins. They add up to lunch so very quickly in this country and who doesn't like paying for their lunch in change? Once Adrienne gets her coin, I get my good-bye kiss. This is hands down the best dollar I spend all day. It's just imperative to make sure that I have a coin in my wallet every morning. Because, really, who wants this sad face to be the last thing you see before leaving for work??

3 comments:

  1. Have you considered randomly tossing in some extra foreign coins? I think this would make the game more fun when she starts to find surprise coins in addition to the standard. See if you can dupe her with some ringgit or something. -Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe hide some holloween candies or those choclate coins to give her a surprise :D
    - Min

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas--I will definitely try it and let you know :)

    ReplyDelete