Test Page

Sunday 2 October 2011

Nesting projects

I recently stumbled across this fun blog with lots of great ideas for things that you can do with your kids. Admittedly Adrienne is a bit young to really do most of these arts and crafts projects, but she loves 'helping' (if that is what you call what 2-yr old's do) and enjoys the finished product. My hubby thinks that it's a sign of nesting that I start all of these crafting projects with Adrienne. Perhaps he is right in this case because we made owls... Get it? Nesting and Owls?? OK, I realize that is not funny. I'm sorry, I am quite tired; I haven't been sleeping well.

Anyway, HERE is the link for this owl project.  They are made with toilet paper rolls, paint and felt scraps.  Adrienne did most of the painting with just a little help from mom.  I made the finished product after the paint dried and she was already asleep. She was pretty excited the next morning! 

First Adrienne had a little conversation with the owls. Probably telling them the rules of the house or welcoming them and the diversity they bring into her inner circle of bears. Then she felt like they needed a song, replete with clapping; this girl can really hold a beat. Finally, since these guys probably aren't hardy enough to take living in Adrienne's room, we found a home for them in our living room plant. They look pretty happy, don't you think?




2 comments:

  1. the plant actually brings good feng shui to the house according to chinese believe.. try giving it a little sun, i think the flowers will come out after that.. maybe under a shade or something, my dad tried to grow it before, very meticulous, needs to be under the shade, and fertilisers all the time..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even know this plant is supposed to have flowers! OK, thanks for the advice and we'll try the fertilizer as well :)

    ReplyDelete