Test Page

Sunday 15 January 2012

Barefoot


Yesterday Adrienne and I spent the afternoon at the pool. This is one clear advantage to living in the tropics. When the rest of the northern hemisphere is battling ice storms and cold spells, we are laying on pool chairs and splashing in sun-warmed water. As we were waiting for the elevators to head down to the pool, all loaded up with towels and sunscreen and pool toys, Adrienne pointed down to her naked feet and cried, "Oh no, Mommy, shoes!!" Seeing as the pool is just 6 floors below us and we were going to promptly take off our shoes anyway, I told her "It's OK, you can just go in your barefeet." She got so excited by this, cheering and dancing around the hallway. I thought it was a funny reaction because we almost never wear shoes in this weather anyway. When the elevator doors opened and I stepped on, Adrienne stood outside the doors saying "No Mommy! No Mommy!" I stood in the door, confused, reminding her that we are going swimming and trying to coax her onto the elevator. "No Mommy! I want to wear my Bear Feet to the pool! My Bear Feet!"

I can only imagine she was thinking of something like this. And, seriously, I have to buy these for her now for our trip to the States, right? What kind of mother would I be if I denied her Bear Feet?!
   Online here: http://piperlime.gap.com

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, love this! Paul freaked out last year when I told him he can't have "bare" feet and he said "I want PUPPY feet!".

    ReplyDelete