Test Page

Monday 2 January 2012

Monkey See Monkey Do

I recently noticed that Adrienne has been using her feet a lot. I mean, not like for walking or jumping or kicking the soccer ball (although she does those things too), but like, to do stuff. Pick up stuff. Move her toys around. I once caught her trying to put a piece of toast in her mouth by using her toes. What a weirdo, I thought. Then the other day I caught myself trying to multitask by holding Nate and attempting to pick up the clutter that is our living room. Rather than bend down to pick things up and disturb my needy cuddly baby, I was just picking stuff up with my feet and passing them upwards. It suddenly dawned on me where Adrienne was getting this monkey behavior. I was telling Regis about Adrienne's new found foot dexterity and he immediately assured me that she gets that from him because he loves to pick up things with his feet. It's funny, I had never noticed. So I guess she is doomed since the genes are passed down on both sides.... So she may be a weirdo but she is in good company in this household. I would just like to add here that I have NEVER attempted to eat my food with my feet. Well, at least not since I was like Adrienne's age. So that part was either Adrienne's creativity or she saw it from her Daddy. Let's hope it's the former.

In this picture, Adrienne is not actually eating with her feet but it's not too far of a stretch of the imagination to envision her doing so. What, with that super lazy pose? It would be WAY to far to sit up and eat. And...my blog so I can say whatever I want, but she totally gets that pose from her daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment