Test Page

Thursday 1 September 2011

Not a Fluke

Well, just to prove all you nay-sayers wrong, Regis decided to complete yet another olympic triathlon this past weekend. So not only did he finish 2 triathlons in 4 weeks time, he managed to shave off an impressive 10 minutes from his first time. I believe this puts him just close enough to the 3 hr mark that he is mulling over whether or not to sign up for another one and shave another 8 minutes off. I will be sure to update you once this likely happens, as it appears these races are rather addictive. (Regis was saying post-race that he was going to take some time off training. At least 2 days, he said). Adrienne and I went to cheer him on at the race finish line and managed to catch him hauling down the path at an impressive clip (rather than crawling on hands and knees, as I suspect I would be doing after attempting this athletic challenge). Here is a picture of Regis nearing the finish line; he looks pretty chipper for having just swam 1.5 km, biked for 40 km, and ran for 10 km, don't you think? Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I should point out that I had my own individualized set of tri-hurdles to overcome. This consisted of carrying a developing 30-week old baby in my uterus, hauling a 22 month old on my left hip, and wielding a camera with my right hand to bring you this picture. I mean there are successes and there are successes, right? Not impressed, huh? Well, at least my husband appreciates my obstacles; post race, he got us BOTH massages. I know, it is one of the many reasons why I love him.
  

Now I have mentioned that my husband likes to worry sometimes. We endearingly refer to this passtime as a paranoia problem. So post race, the worrying began that maybe he had missed a lap during the races, which was why he finished so quickly. This suffering had to go on for several days until the results were posted. Happily, there was not a DQ next to Regis' name. The night that the triathlon times came out, it was Regis' turn to give Adrienne a bath. I can tell he was taking advantage of this time to teach our daughter some new words.  See for yourself:


RPC, 3.07:44 = Fast
Congrats again, Hubby! 

3 comments:

  1. Super STAR!!!! Regis is awesome. Did he find a Tri in Ko Samui over Christmas? Is that why he chose that location?

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go regis! evan just finished his first olympic tri and he decided that this is a much better distance than the 70.3 he finished last year. we are proud of you!!! love from boise idaho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kel--there is a good chance that there is a triathlon in Koh Samui over Christmas... I have not been informed about it but I should ask!

    Nicole--Good for Evan! Such athletic men we have :)
    Dare I ask what 70.3km is? Biking? Yikes!!

    ReplyDelete