Test Page

Monday 29 August 2011

Finger Painting

I have been wanting to try finger painting with Adrienne for a long time now, mostly because I loved it as a kid and would probably still love it now if I found/created the opportunity to try it. I had been searching for finger paints in Singapore for awhile with no success, but read on-line that you can make edible paint that is great for toddlers. So this past rainy Saturday, we whipped together some of this 'paint' using flour, water, and food-coloring. It was actually great hands-on fun. And a mess. But mostly fun. I thought we could dip her hands in the paint and make some nice hand-prints to send to the grandparents or something. However, Adrienne had different ideas about how things were to go. You can see from her facial expressions that she takes her art very seriously. (If you read THIS post, you will agree with me that she is probably just misunderstood. This happens alot to artists). I think Adrienne thought that dipping her hands in the paints was more exciting than the actual painting part. We called the session to an end when all of the paint colors turned to brown and I marked it as a success. The next time we try it, however, I think we will take advantage of Singapore's tropical weather and paint sans clothes (since I think that pink shirt will never be pink again). 






Update: Adrienne did LOVE the finger painting! So much so that she wanted to do it again the very next day (If she looks like she has been crying, its because Mommy is so dense that she couldn't figure out that Adrienne wanted to paint again. Even though she kept running and pointing to the cabinet where the food coloring is kept). This time I learned my lesson and stripped both the highchair and my daughter to their core. At the end, everything went into the shower. I would definitely recommend these improvements.




No comments:

Post a Comment