Test Page

Monday 27 August 2012

The Case of the Disappearing Week

I forgot how fast a busy work week flies by, only to be trumped by the speed of the weekend following it. So to summarize last week, I survived the first official week on the job. Granted, I have been back to work for a few weeks now but this week was the first week where students were present. Taking classes. Taught by yours truly. I must say I really enjoyed the week, myself. I am not sure my students would say the same thing, but nobody has dropped my classes yet so I guess that is a good sign. My mantra for the semester must be: slow down. Only a week into it, I can see already how crazy mid-semester will be. As for now, however, we are enjoying the ride. 

Beyond the first week of classes, we had other firsts as well. Nate finally cut his first tooth. Luckily my kids are late teethers because I absolutely love the adorable gummy smile. Adrienne has started parroting all sorts of phrases that we have never heard her say. "That's a tough call, Daddy!" "You're a good sharer, Mommy." "Sure, that's right. Sounds Perfect." It's not what she says but how she says it in her cute little voice. Speaking of talking and firsts, if I were a betting gal I would have lost money. Nate's first word: Mama! How happy am I? Except now when he is crying in his crib before bed or as I'm leaving in the morning, I hear "Mama, Mama!" Not good for the mommy-guilt! And finally, following my first day of classes, I came home to find the following scene. I have the best fan club EVER. 





No comments:

Post a Comment