Test Page

Friday 11 May 2012

New Do

If you hadn't noticed, we have a new face around Trouble's Tribune. I have been thinking that I should update my header picture to include Nate since...well, since he was born, I guess. I had just been looking for a good picture and this is about the best we have come up with in the past six months. Then once I changed the picture, I started playing with all the other settings and this is what we ended up with. I hope you like it. It seems appropriate to me: a new country, a new city, a new job, a new adventure--why not a new look? 

And speaking of new looks, Nate has a new look as well. When Adrienne was about Nate's age, she had horrible hair. It was that transition period when she was losing her baby hair and the new stuff was growing in. She had a few long strands of baby hair that stubbornly refused to fall out and wisped around the top of her head in the look we later termed the "basketball coach comb-over". At the time, I didn't realize her hair looked that terrible. I mean, I seriously thought she was THE CUTEST baby that ever existed and that may have clouded my judgement about leaving her hair 'al natural'. 


It was only in hindsight that I realized it might have been better to do something about that uneven mop of hers. I promised myself that I wouldn't subject my next baby to this type of torture and would instead be more proactive in evening that hair out. What is it about that crazy Mother's love that makes you see no wrong (a mother's love or exhaustion? Hmmmm)? I started noticing that everywhere we went, people kept commenting on Nate's hair. Love his hair! Look at that hair! Wow, great hair! 



I wonder why?? Anyway, with the encouragement of my parents, we decided that it was high time that Nate got his first* haircut (*technically, he has already had 2 trims, but this was a real haircut--clippers and all). Nate did great!



Along with being Nate's first hair cut, this was Granddad's first time giving a haircut. Not bad, right? (Sorry, Granddad, if you are reading this...I definitely think you should keep your day-job. I don't think haircutting is going to be your second career once you retire either. Nate can pull this haircut off but mostly because he is SO. DARN. CUTE.)


Look at that blondie!

1 comment:

  1. SO cute. Like the haircut but love that picture. Beautiful! -Teresa

    ReplyDelete