Test Page

Sunday 12 February 2012

Greetings from the USA

Greetings from the USA! This is, um, only like 3 weeks late. If you happened to have read my last post, you may have been anxiously awaiting the outcome of our 22 hour flight with 2 babies in tow. Well, in short, we survived it. I have kind of blocked it out of my memory as people often do with traumatic experiences and thus the gory details will not be rehashed in this space. Or at least for now until the memory is recovered in psychotherapy or something. However, should you ever find yourself in this situation of doing a cross-globe traverse with little people, I would give you the simple advice of setting your expectations REALLY low. That way you may find that the trip either 1. meets your expectations or 2. that you are pleasantly surprised. This little trick really worked for me. That, and also a few free mini-bottles of wine.

So I have been meaning to get back on this blog and update but the past 3 weeks have been packed and have flown by. This has given me the feeling of falling behind. Which is crazy since this is just a hobby of mine, but I have a hard time shaking the response created by the many, many, many years I spent in school. Thinking of all the work it will be to catch up has been causing me mild anxiety and as a result I have been procrastinating getting started (coping mechanisms also learned from the years in school). I think after all this time, I should have a good story to kick off with. But I don't really, so I'll just tell you in short what the past 3 weeks have been like and I'll fill you in on the some more fun details later. As brief as I can be, here it is: Visiting Family, Eating, Fighting Jetlag, Visiting Friends, Shopping, More Eating, More Visiting Family, Finally Getting over the Jetlag, and More Eating. I tell you all this eating cannot be good for my post-pregnancy body.

Oh, and one time it snowed. I'm not sure Adrienne showed the enthusiasm we were hoping for with her first snow experience, but she did begrudgingly play along for a bit for a photo opp.




   

1 comment:

  1. She really doesn't like the snow, does she? :) Kisses for Adrienne!

    ReplyDelete