Test Page

Saturday 10 March 2012

Party's Over

Well, we have managed to get back to Singapore in relatively good shape and without any major disasters. A few minor disasters leading to an over night stay in San Fransisco and a 48 hour transit rather than 24 hours....with 2 kids, I might add. Ahem. But I have put that all behind me and will not be complaining about that further. So after all that, life is getting back to normal. Sigh. Not that that should warrant any sympathy, seeing as if you follow what we are up to I am just coming off a six week vacation. One could argue that returning to life after a six week hiatus is even harder than a shorter break. Especially when the current reality involves children and jetlag. It is like clockwork. Bing--3 am--all eyes pop open! Now I may or may not have mentioned this before but I have the best mother in the world. Seriously. The. Best. Because my mom willingly embarked as co-pilot for this crazy trip home for the sake of my sanity and my children's safety and happiness. So she commuted 48 hours with us to Singapore, to experience the jetlag for 5 days, simply to turn around and do it all again on the other side of the pond. Did I mention that last night she took the kids at 3 am so that I could sleep? And today, between playing with the kids and helping around the apartment, she was changing light bulbs and all the batteries in the ever increasing number of kids toys we have accumulating. I realize that someday I will need to pay this favor back big time for all this. I really can't imagine what that payback will involve, but I am sure it will have been worth it. Remind me of this, mom, when the time comes. Until then--THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU!!

No comments:

Post a Comment