Test Page

Sunday 4 March 2012

Happy

Opps! I know I said I was going to be back blogging and, oh my, look at the time! I was messaging a friend this week and she asked, 'How can you still be in the United States??' Well, I must say this is a happy consequence of unemployment: 6 week vacations. And, amazingly, those 6 weeks are already coming to an end tomorrow as we start the long journey back to Singapore. For a while, we debated putting this trip home off until we move home for good because it's long and expensive and...well, long. I have to say that I am so glad we didn't wait. I don't think there will ever be an opportunity like there was now. The past 4 weeks the kids and I have been at my parents house (albeit with a few side trips). It has been wonderful. Relaxing. Joyful. It has been special to see the relationship between my parents and my children develop and strengthen. It was great to have low-key days together, just to be, and not to feel the rush of time passing too quickly. Adrienne has just recently come in touch with her feelings. I find that in various points in our day, she will stop and say, "I feel happy, mommy". No matter how many times she says this, it makes me smile every time. Who wouldn't want this for their child? I love the innocence and simplicity of this statement--to stop in the moment and just feel happy for a bit, to not let it pass without cementing the feeling with words. We should do this more in our lives as well. Stop. Breathe. Feel Happy. I feel like I have been doing a lot of that the past 6 weeks. And as we had back to Singapore and to a large amount of unknown, I hope to remember to keep stopping and feeling the happiness in my life.
So, to our USA friends and family, it has been great seeing you this trip--I miss you already. To our Singapore friends, we will see you soon. And to anyone who happens to be reading this, I hope you have a moment today that makes you happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment